Since EverNote has changed the authentication mechanism, this will no longer work as is. An update may be released some day. But as of now it does not work.
Update 6/6/2011:New Version Released
- Minor Bug Fixes
Update 6/2/2011: New Version Released
Application will automatically update next time it is launched.
- Added ability to create a new note from an active note by using Ctrl N
- Added ability to force Sync an active note by pressing Ctrl S
- Fixed a bug on the location Sync, now it syncs based on percentage , not pixels, so it should look right in all computers
- Added the ability to change font size by using Ctrl (Mouse Wheel)
For quite a while new I have been a fan of Evernote® its an awesome platform for creating and maintaining notes of all types that synchronize among all of your devices/platforms. The only thing that Evernote® lacked in my opinion was the option of having a sticky note (See window 7 built in sticky note functionality below). This application is very usefull when you need to keep things fresh in your mind since they sit there on your desktop as a constant reminder. But it has the major downside that the notes reside only on your local desktop.
It occurred to me that Evernote® was uniquely qualified to implement a similar application but with the added advantage of ubiquitous synchronization across platforms / desktops.
ESticky is an application I wrote which takes advantage of the Evernote® open API to allow you to have the same functionality of the Microsoft Sticky Notes with the above mentioned advantage of synchronization across platforms and desktops. It synchronizes not only the notes content, but color, font and screen position. Making having sticky notes a great tool.
- Synchronizes across desktops and platforms.
- Creates individual notebook for all the sticky notes
- Synchronizes colors and fonts
- Automatically launches new notes when they are created in a different location
- Delivered to Click Once Install from Microsoft ensures that the application is always up to date.
- Takes advantage of the Windows 7 Task Bar for application Interaction
- Written in .NET 4.0 using C# and WPF
- Create a new note from an active note by pressing Ctrl N
- Force sync an active note by pressing Ctrl S
- Change the font size by using Ctrl (Mouse Wheel)
- Install it using Click Once*
- Install it using Setup.exe*
*Both methods are maintained and automatically updated when a new version is available.